Friday 10 June 2011

365 Day Project: Day 3: June 10th: 'The Magic of 03:00'


One of the things I enjoy the very most in life is taking what at first glance appears to be an utterly mundane scene or object and discovering its hidden beauties. This image is one of those moments - a 03:00 a.m. trip to the bathroom, of all things, had me reaching for the camera in the dark...

...I had a bit of trouble getting back to sleep, as the image of where this shot was heading was already in my mind...

...so first thing this morning I imported the shots from my camera and fired up Photoshop. After a quick search online for 'bokeh with Photoshop', I was off on another learning curve, transforming an already interesting shot into something a bit more 'ethereal'...I am happy enough with the result - not bad for a first attempt at rendering this particular hand-made lighting effect, I reckon :o)

Thanks go out to http://abduzeedo.com/awesome-digital-bokeh-effect-photoshop for a great tutorial - I didn't follow it to the letter, and mine don't look anything like yours (!), but it was a big help anyway :-)

Jay

N.B. You can see all of my 365 Day Project entries here - http://jaytaylor.co.uk/Jay_Taylor_2011/Photography/Pages/365_Day_Project.html

2 comments:

  1. Was comment on the bubble but what the hell something just thought nevercommented in a blog good eyes I would never see much at 3:00 am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobster :o) Good to hear from you here on my new Blog! Thank you for taking the time to drop by - your comment made me giggle :o) x jay

    ReplyDelete