Saturday 18 June 2011

365 Day Project: Day 11: June 18th: ‘One Plus One Equals Three’



365 Day Project: Day 11: June 18th: ‘One Plus One Equals Three’
Every Saturday I head off bright and early to our Local Producers' Market - it's the highlight of my culinary week :o) This morning I was accompanied by my Sweetheart, who for once is off work over the weekend...
The local farm shop stall is a favourite...potatoes, salad, portobello mushrooms..."shall we get carrots this week, Schmusi?" "Oh, no, no carrots this week." "Well...they look so nice - and they were lovely last week...I'm going to get some anyway - I'll eat them all if you don't want any..."
Home. Later. Schmusi is cooking. I'm painting stones. And my shot of the day presents itself!
"You have to see this, Jay - look! I think I have your shot of the day..."
WOW! Carrots, entwined! AMAZING! It's DEFINITELY my shot of the day! "But you cut the tops off...they might look cute lying on a bed of gorgeous green carrot tops..." And there, in the compost bin, hiding amongst the carrot tops...was baby carrot!
So they looked a whole lot better on a plate than on greens. And I wish they could live forever, so cute they are :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment